Bourne Community Boating, Inc., (BCB) was formed in 2007 to provide sailing and maritime instruction to people who are full-time residents of the Town of Bourne. The program is offered without regard to sex, race, or national origin.
BCB's mission is to provide a safe, fun environment so children and adults can enjoy many aspects of the shore-side environment: sailing, rowing, messing around in boats and some marine science.
Participation in BCB programs requires a membership fee of $50/individual or $75/family.
- Directors and Officers:
President, Chairman: B. Paul Bushueff Jr.
Vice President: Monice Maurice
Treasurer, Director: Sydney McCabe
Clerk, Director: Kenneth Legg
Director: Cheryl Milliken
Director: Elinor Ripley
Director: Kevin Hough
Fleet Captain: David O'Hara
Attorney: Eugene Curry
- Key Advisors and Supporters:
Patty and Bruce Parker
- Reach out to the youth of the Bourne community, regardless of abilities or means to enhance the learning and development process through waterway and boating experiences.
- Make boating accessible to those with physical and mental challenges.
- Develop on-the-water recreational programs for adults to promote a healthy mind and body.
- Promote boating safety.
- Provide valuable learning experiences through participation in environmental and marine ecology activities.
- Develop confident, capable, and passionate young adults through educational and recreational programs for children through on the water experiences.
- Utilize boating as a means to learn while having fun, testing their decision making, learning the effects of wind, waves, and currents, and appreciating the environment in which we live.
- Use our oceans and waterways, which are the largest experiential learning center in the world.
- Provide a training ground to support a high school sailing program.
- Create a center for family and community involvement with broad community support.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all.
- Continue to refine and adapt our course offerings to the needs and interests of the Bourne community.
- Expand our Belly Biology offerings.
- Offer programs in boat building and boating safety.
- Fully implement the Bourne to Sail adaptive boating program.
- A suitable long-term facility to house the BCB program.
- An expanded fleet for children to grow into and to support older children and adults.